Friday, August 29, 2008

Old Rhinestone Dog

Man, you give someone a good review, and then they go and do this:


















Old dog, new tricks, you know the saying. The website calls this a studded decal tunic, but in my world studs don't shine like this. This reminds me too much of that Bebe logo shirt. Luckily, the Bebe Design Lab team also did this:










Sexxxxy vest. This shit, ladies, needs to be worn out at night with nada underneath, please. Construction is solid ($98).

How about this beautiful black jacket (below)? Sometimes, we forget the basics when we're obsessing over the newest trends. This is simple, fitted, and wait, a little braiding detail so we don't get too bored.











I likes! Crazy sheer stocking/legging things with buttons up the calf ($49). These are baggy because I tried on the large.





Love the dress shape and color, but the buttons look cheap. And one was already a goner. I can take cheap buttons from a $9 Bitten top, but not from anything nearing $100. Funny, because most of this line is very well made.







Little black dress ($169). It was going in the "studded" fright category, but then I put it on. Fits like a glove and dare I say I don't hate the rhinestone zipper back? Maybe I'll call it ironic?



Let's end with a cute woven hobo, not Design Lab but new in store ($229).



Despite the return of "studs" and rhinestones, I look forward to more Design Lab efforts for fall. Fall Tara Subkoff for Bebe is not in stores yet.

Bebe, 1 W. 34th @ 5th Avenue

23 comments :

Couture Carrie said...

Both the dress and vest are SO hot!!!
Love exposed zippers!

xoxox,
CC

Sharon S said...

The LBD on you is gorgeous!! have a great weekend!

WendyB said...

Is that a butterfly or a boob bow on the first piece? That vest looks hot on you. Nice abs!

Tricia said...

wendy - butterfly! if it was a boob bow, you'd have been alerted. and no, I cropped my belly out. but thanks!

eeps. said...

i'm intrigued by the sheer leggings, but horrified by the price.

Elizabeth said...

hot hot hot.

Tricia said...

yeah, eeps, i would never pay that much for sheer anything. I'd tear it in a day. I'd like a heavier tight with the button detail.
enc - exactly, i think bebe would have a great thing with this line if they continue to combine the trend with their sexy aesthetic. As opposed to just sexy!

Songy said...

sexy sexy. like that purple number myself

bowerbird said...

I love that little frock (with the crappy buttons). The sleeves are fab though! I can't wait for summer over here so that I can start wearing some frocks and bare legs again!
Have missed your wonderful fashion insight over the past coulpe of weeks...am slaving over books at the moment!

Fashion Is Poison said...

that zippered dress is insanely hot

Gabby said...

I actually really like that last dress! Fits great on you. I hope you don't mind that I've linked your blog!

Syed said...

Oh wow love the dresses and the vest! Haha not sure whether that first one counts as studded...I think they may have stretched that description a little!

Mimi said...

wow the last dress is amazing.so sneaky and special cut.the bag appeals me too.

Nancy said...

I love the LBD and the leggings! Exposed zippers are really in at the moment. You're so lucky you got try out the collection before it came out!

Tricia said...

songy & bowerbird - i loved the cut of the purple dress too, great shoulders!
fip & gabby - that dress is super sexy, i was won over with the great back!
dapper - exactly! the vest is so sexy, and well made.
mimi - i saw the bag first in store and was smitten.
nancy - no sneak peek for me, it's in store now! I'm not sure if it's leftover summer or early fall, but it's definitely worth a look!

Sister Wolf said...

I like how you're able to take the Cheap Slut out of that black dress and make it look elegant and high-end. Can you go and do that at Guess???

Wendy said...

The back of the black dress is spectacular!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I love the first look, the glitter gives it such a pop!

The Spicers said...

I never give Bebe a look, but you wear these pieces well!

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

Crikey! The vest gives you va va voom cleavage. Ironic rhinestone zippers...too much heaveness for me!

Vintage Pattern Vault said...

YO!! THAT LBD IS AN EXACT REPLICA OF THE FAMOUS NARCISO RODRIGUEZ DRESS THAT SJP WORE IN VOGUE (MINUS THE RHINESTONE ZIPPER). CRAZY!!

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well... my oh my, Miss Fashion! Haven't we generated some comments!

Let's not tell George but perhaps the LBD and stocking/legging thingies are more exciting to some of us...?! (Besides, as you know, we did our share of schlepping the tripod around when we were in our former life.)

And of courser the vest can go at night... we're with Imelda on that one...whoo-hoo!

Loving the posts,
TP

Anonymous said...

The first dress is so charming )